I'm Ching Bi Wen. I‘m still preparing for the CLP exam which is expected to be held in March 2021. I wish I could obtain a job after the exam.
I wish I could gain exposure and experience, especially in corporate and dispute resolution. I had acquired basic legal knowledge during my undergraduate and CLP courses. As I'm willing and keen to learn, I believe with a positive attitude and previous experience in various internships, I could have added value to your firm. I will try my best to make sure that all my work is organized.
I have worked as a legal intern in 3 law firms previously, namely YY Chin & Co in KL, Rohamat & Ling Advocates and Solicitors in JB, and S.K. SONG Advocates & Solicitors in JB. During these internships, I have been exposed to court proceedings, learned the drafting of letters, OS, Writ, Statement of Claim, Affidavit in Support, submissions, Proof of Debt, and Decree Nisi. I have also done legal research across multiple platforms such as CLJ and Lexis Nexis for litigation purposes. I have also supported lawyers and paralegals by performing the clerical functions and handled client relations by answering phone inquiries.
• Drafting statement of claims
• Legal research across multiple platforms
such as CLJ and LexisNexis
• Drafting letter of demand
• Preparing Notice of Appeal
• Drafted letters, OS, Writ, Statement of Claim, Affidavit in Skills Support, submissions, Proof of Debt, and Decree Nisi.
• Carried out research for litigation purposes.
• Touched civil litigation, debt recovery, Grant of Probate,
• Microsoft Office and divorce.
• Supported lawyers and paralegals by performing clerical
• Understands confidentiality
• Handled client relations by answering phone inquiries.