To be able to work in a highly organized environment and contribute my expertise and knowledge in
designing, testing, and quality assurance of consumer electronics products.
Total working experience is 20 years. The first 8 years was with Sony. Worked in few areas. First was in
QA department than joined Design department. I involved in tuner verification and measurement for
the Video cassette recorder. After few years the VCR was faced off and the development activities
switched to the DVD player. I was responsible for the EMC testing and verification.
My most recent position was with Motorola Solutions for 12 years. I was responsible for Specific
Absorption Rate (SAR) compliance testing and certification for the two way radios, walkie talkie. I also
involved in the LEAN activities, maintain an in-house accredited ISO/IEC 17025 and do preparation for
internal and external audit.
As an electronics engineer with wide range of experience in consumer electronics products. Range of
experience encompasses quality assurance, design and product testing.
- Review product submission raised by the Engineering team through the on-line system.
- Defining test plan, report and test scheduling.
- Ensure all test activities are carried out in a timely manner in accordance to test plan.
- Prepare test effort estimation for each project submission.
- Generate SAR report for the regulatory filing like FCC/ISED, MCMC and few other agencies.
- Collected 160 hours on SAR testing prior to certified as a SAR Engineer.
- Performed Electromagnetic testing (EMC) and improvement for DVD player.
- Prepared test report for the quality assurance purpose.
- Testing for component cost reduction analysis.
- New model evaluation, testing and calibration of electrical equipment.
- Evaluate products to ensure compliance with regulatory specifications.
- Communicates project status and results as needed.
- Performed peer review on the test data and report for each project prior to approval.
- Ensure the product meets the specification. 8W/kg for FCC/ISED and 10W/kg for ICNIRP.
- Assist laboratory in preparing for accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025 for Skim Akreditasi Makmal
Malaysia(SAMM) and American Association for Laboratory Accreditation(A2LA).
- Ensure that testing is conducted according to testing procedures and standard.
- Ensure the product meets the specification, 8dB for FCC/IC.
- Introduced Inline QA, monitor and assist in quick shipment.
- Assist printed circuit boards (PCBs) designer during the prototype board development.
- Verification & Validation, the behavior of the prototype board.
- Technical analysis and evaluation on the new VCR tuners.
- Conduct a field testing in Japan at Sony Service Center.