Payd is a “force for good” startup with a focus on employee financial wellbeing. We have recently received VC funding and are looking for a Graduate level Business Development Representative to join our growing team in Malaysia.
We’re passionate about our project and our goal is to help provide financial flexibility to those who need it in Southeast Asia. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys building connections and has a growth mindset.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound campaigns (call and email), and sales growth hacking campaigns.
- Research potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources. Maintain your target list.
- Qualify leads from outbound and inbound campaigns, conferences, references, trade shows, etc.
- Perform effective online demos.
- Educate clients about our industry. Understand customer needs and requirements. Identify your sales goals. Answer client questions. Prove the value of our solution.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Route qualified opportunities to the sales team for further sales development and support them in closing the deals.
- Research accounts, read industry news and trends, and exchange with other peers to build and maintain an account intelligence around your target list. Identify key players, sponsors, champions, and blockers in the account.
- Maintain account intelligence for each target account.
- Track weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance, and sales metrics.
- Maintain the CRM database (Hubspot) with prospective client information.
- BSc/BA in business, marketing, law, economics, or a related field.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Previous work experience in the field of B2B Software Sales is a plus but not a requirement.
- You have to feel comfortable making cold calls and emails and talking to new people very frequently.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Mandarin or Malay is a plus
- You have to be persuasive and goal-oriented.
- You possess an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor. You are self-motivated and self-directed.
- You can multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- You are a digital native. Strong computer skills are a must.
- A valid Passport or Permanent Work Permit for Malaysia is a must.
Why join us?
- We are a young and fast growing startup with a focus on bringing technological innovation to those who need it most. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and work to sell our inspired product to clients in Malaysia.